When inclement weather conditions exist please give yourself ample time to navigate challenging traffic and potential late arrivals. In addition, it is very difficult to predict the traffic, jams, or accidents. Please always arrive 5-10 minutes early and be prepared to wait 10-‐15 minutes after the scheduled time for the bus. The bus will never leave before the scheduled time but will leave immediately after boarding at the scheduled time. Our school closing or delayed opening announcements will be posted on the website and sent via LivingTree plus shared on our social media channels.
Students should not be dropped off earlier than the designated time. For inclement weather announcements, please call the school at 202.774.5442 to listen to our current operating schedule. Our decisions about school closings, delayed openings, and/or early dismissals are based on local weather reports. We do not follow DCPS or PGCPS. Please convey all questions or changes regarding the bus transportation schedule to Dashawn Dillard at email@example.com
- Code Orange– Schools and offices will open with a two-hour delay. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL must report to work on time.
- Code Black– Schools and offices will open with a one-hour delay. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL must report to work on time.
- Code Green– Schools are closed. All 12-month employees are to report on time.
- Code White—Schools are closed. All employees are to report on time.
- Code Blue– Schools are closed. Offices will open two hours late. All 12-month employees are to report on time.
- Code Yellow– Schools are closed. All Offices are closed. EMERGENCY PERSONNEL only must report to work.
- Code Red– The school is closed for all personnel.
- Code Brown– The school will close two hours early
WMATA’s Severe Weather Plan
WMATA provides a Severe Weather Plan with routes that affect schools.