SERVING STUDENTS KINDERGARTEN – 8TH GRADE
Why Choose TCGDC?
The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter School serves K-8 students providing city-wide transportation to our school in Ward 5. We meet the needs of all different types of learners. Each child’s abilities are taken into consideration when developing and deploying our curriculum. At The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter, our culture, content, and curriculum are driven by the principles of Transformation Education.
We provide a student-centered approach to learning, where every child is valued and respected. We accomplish this by focusing on personalized learning, whole brain teaching, project based learning, and arts integration in order to address the needs of the whole child.
Explore our Unique Approach
TCGDC provides an individualized approach to learning. We have extensive experience providing each child with a safe, personalized learning experience for all types of learners: accelerated learners, struggling learners, as well as children with special education needs.
Get to Know Us
NEWS & EVENTS
The Children’s Guild Alliance experienced a year like no other in its 67-year history. Our amazing team responded to the COVID-19 crisis with extraordinary compassion, energy, creativity, and...
Andrew Ross will step down as president and CEO of The Children’s Guild Alliance on June 30, 2021, after 26 years. The Children’s Guild Alliance, a nonprofit organization based in Baltimore, serves...
The Benefits of a TCGDC Education
Our Transformation Education philosophy prepares students for long-term success and is based upon:
- A culture throughout our schools that puts the needs of the child first and shows each child they are valued as an individual
- Creative learning environments that communicate a vision of quality throughout the school
- Brain-based learning that helps children think critically, become problem-solvers and learn independently
- Project- based learning that allows children to have hands-on learning experiences
- The use of technology to allow students to compete in a global economy
- Pre-vocational training to prepare students for the future
- Students become caring, contributing members of the community
- Emphasis on family engagement and involvement
Across the country, schools are celebrating excellence in education by hosting kickoff events and activities for American Education Week, honoring the team of people who work in our schools.
Each day this week has its own theme. Tomorrow will be family day!