SERVING STUDENTS KINDERGARTEN – 8TH GRADE
Why Choose TCGDC?
The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter School serves K-8 students providing city-wide transportation to our school in Ward 5. We meet the needs of all different types of learners. Each child’s abilities are taken into consideration when developing and deploying our curriculum. At The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter, our culture, content, and curriculum are driven by the principles of Transformation Education.
We provide a student-centered approach to learning, where every child is valued and respected. We accomplish this by focusing on personalized learning, whole brain teaching, project based learning, and arts integration in order to address the needs of the whole child.
Explore our Unique Approach
TCGDC provides an individualized approach to learning. We have extensive experience providing each child with a safe, personalized learning experience for all types of learners: accelerated learners, struggling learners, as well as children with special education needs.
Get to Know Us
NEWS & EVENTS
Dear Colleagues and Families, The tragic and senseless death of George Floyd shouts that in America not everyone is free to walk the streets without being harassed or fearing for their lives. We...
While schools remain closed to prevent the spread of COVID-19, The Children’s Guild Alliance schools in Maryland and Washington, D.C., continue to implement distance learning designed for students...
The Benefits of a TCGDC Education
Our Transformation Education philosophy prepares students for long-term success and is based upon:
- A culture throughout our schools that puts the needs of the child first and shows each child they are valued as an individual
- Creative learning environments that communicate a vision of quality throughout the school
- Brain-based learning that helps children think critically, become problem-solvers and learn independently
- Project- based learning that allows children to have hands-on learning experiences
- The use of technology to allow students to compete in a global economy
- Pre-vocational training to prepare students for the future
- Students become caring, contributing members of the community
- Emphasis on family engagement and involvement