SERVING STUDENTS KINDERGARTEN – 8TH GRADE
Follow Your ART
Achievement | Readiness | Transformation
The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter School is an arts integration K-8 city-wide school in Ward 5. The fine and performing arts are both our approach to teaching and the vehicle for learning. Our students experience the arts integrated within each subject to gain a greater understanding of both.
We meet the needs of all different types of learners and are guided by a Transformation Education philosophy supporting the whole child.
THREE EASY WAYS TO CONNECT
Take a Virtual Tour of our school led by Principal Daniels, and learn more about how we support the whole child.
Schedule a Virtual Chat with our knowledgeable staff and discover how The Children’s Guild DC Public Charter School may be the best choice for your child
The Biden Administration is providing a Half-Billion free rapid COVID-19 tests to give to Americans. Starting January 19th, Americans can order their tests online at COVIDTests.gov, and tests will typically ship directly to homes within 7-12 days of ordering.
We provide a student-centered approach to learning, where every child is valued and respected. We accomplish this by focusing on personalized learning, whole brain teaching, project based learning, and arts integration in order to address the needs of the whole child.
Explore our Unique Approach
TCGDC provides an individualized approach to learning. We have extensive experience providing each child with a safe, personalized learning experience for all types of learners: accelerated learners, struggling learners, as well as children with special education needs.
Get to Know Us
NEWS & EVENTS
The Benefits of a TCGDC Education
Our Transformation Education philosophy prepares students for long-term success and is based upon:
- A culture throughout our schools that puts the needs of the child first and shows each child they are valued as an individual
- Creative learning environments that communicate a vision of quality throughout the school
- Brain-based learning that helps children think critically, become problem-solvers and learn independently
- Project- based learning that allows children to have hands-on learning experiences
- The use of technology to allow students to compete in a global economy
- Pre-vocational training to prepare students for the future
- Students become caring, contributing members of the community
- Emphasis on family engagement and involvement